Quote from patient: "I've had a significant amount of medical treatment in my life from a number of great doctors. I have not, however, ever had a doctor who has helped me to the extent you have. I have said it before but it merits being said again. You are a great doctor and an even better Human Being. Your support and assistance has been invaluable to me."
GreenField Health, 2008-present
I enjoy working with patients to ensure that their medical and healthcare needs are being met. I have a special interest in preventive healthcare and quality improvement work within our healthcare system. I was born and raised in Washington State and currently live in Portland with my wife and have two children, son Ryan and daughter Megan.
My family and I enjoy numerous activities that include skiing, hiking, camping and backpacking. I also spend a fair amount of time volunteering with Medical Teams International (formerly Northwest Medical Teams) including making several medical mission trips to emerging parts of the world.
- Medical Director and Practicing Physician, 2001-2008, Legacy Clinics, Legacy Health System, Portland, OR
- Associate Medical Director, 1999-2001, InterHospital Physicians Association, Portland, OR
- Clinical Coordinator, 1999-2001, OMPRO, Portland, OR
- Metropolitan Clinic/HealthFirst Medical Group, 1987-1999, Portland, OR
- National Health Service Corps, 1985-1987, Elma, WA
- Chief Resident, Internal Medicine, 1984-1985, Good Samaritan Hospital and Medical Center, Portland, OR
- Internship and Residency, Internal Medicine, 1981-1984, Good Samaritan Hospital and Medical Center, Portland, OR
- Doctor of Medicine, 1981, Jefferson Medical College of Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, PA
- American Board of Internal Medicine, 1984