“It’s important that Oregonians continue to have access to primary health care services so that they are at their fittest while the novel coronavirus remains in the community. People still have accidents, are injured, get sick and need routine care. Curbside Care enables us to help them while keeping our clinic and waiting room as safe an environment as possible.”
- Dr. Chuck Kilo, GreenField Health founder and internal medicine doctor
What is Curbside Care?
Right now things look a bit different when you visit GreenField Health. We are doing everything we can to combat the spread of COVID-19 to keep our patients and staff healthy! Curbside medical visits allow you to remain at the car for many services. By doing this, you help minimize potential exposure to airborne and contact viruses for yourself, other patients, and our healthcare providers.
Just give us a call to let us know that you have arrived for your appointment. One of our providers will meet you at your car and will be able to help you with most non-critical needs.
When can I use Curbside Care?
- Screening vital signs (like blood pressure)
- Dropping off FIT kits
- Evaluating injuries
- Throat swabs for strep
- High-touch services: not sure if we can see you at the curb? Give us a call and we can walk you through your options!
- Limited mobility: let us come to you! If you need to stand up during your exam you can lean on your car or our staff while we work with you.
If you are exhibiting respiratory problems, fevers, or other symptoms of COVID-19, let us know so our providers can come to the curb prepared with the necessary PPE (personal protective equipment).
What are my other options?
Our doctors, nurses, nutritionists, and other providers are able to consult with you digitally. By using Zoom and other technology, we can make sure you get the answers and help you need.
If our telemedicine and Curbside Care options do not fit your needs, come on inside. Our exams rooms are still open and we are taking extra precautions to combat the spread of COVID-19. We only ask that you wear a mask and gloves (which are provided at the door), and leave additional guests at home or in the car (unless you need extra assistance).
If you are being seen for a URI (Upper Respiratory Infections) or gastrointestinal issues, please remain in your car and call us when you arrive. We will guide you from there!
In-House Infection Prevention
GreenField Health is taking extra precautions in-house to prevent infection spread.
- Taking all employee temperatures at the beginning of the day and self-reporting upper respiratory and GI symptoms
- Masks and gloves for all patient interactions
- Detailed room cleaning after each patient visit
- Cleaning workspaces twice daily
- All clinic sanitizing twice daily
- Cleaning high touch items multiple times a day – cell phones, stethoscopes, keyboards, pens, keys, etc.
- Removed pillows from exam rooms
We are working hard to make sure you can access medical care safely. We are all justifiably concerned about potential exposure to COVID-19, but that should not prevent you from receiving the quality medical care you expect from GreenField Health. Give us a call or shoot us an email to set up a Telehealth call or Curbside Care appointment. We are here to help!