Who We Are
GreenField Health started with the goal of being a comprehensive primary care clinic rooted in the values of relationship, service, and reliability. This unique practice was created in 2001 and offers an innovative design that offers something many patients want — time with their doctor to become fully known as a person. Our model provides same day access, longer visit times, and the full range of services including physical therapy, behavioral health services, naturopathic care, and nutrition counseling.
The clinic now has more than 5,000 members and a staff of highly qualified clinicians, health coordinators, a licensed dietitian and certified diabetes educator, and an in-house partnership with physical therapy.
Why Work at Greenfield?
- We maintain a work environment that focuses on Integrity, Respect, Collaboration, Compassion, Punctuality, Teamwork, Enthusiasm, and Accountability;
- We offer a comprehensive benefit package to our employees, including medical, dental, vision, 401(k), PTO, and 6 paid holidays.
- Our office is membership-based, so we know our patients very well, cherish our relationships with them and we give each of them individualized attention.
Who You Are
We are looking for an experienced Medical Assistant who is looking to grow in their clinical skills. We are seeking an energetic and collaborative team member who is interested in leadership opportunities and professional development.
The ideal candidate will use an empathetic and solution-oriented approach in their day-to day-responsibilities. Skillfully building relationships, having an attitude of service and consistent reliability is essential to this role.
- High School diploma or equivalent;
- Current Medical Assistant Certification through a sanctioned third party such as: The American Registry of Medical Assistants, National Health Career Association, American Association of Medical Assistants, National Center for Competency Testing, or American Medical Technologists;
- Phlebotomy skills;
- 2 years minimum experience in a clinical setting as a Medical Assistant;
- Proficiency in Microsoft programs and EMR systems (Centricity preferred);
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including interpersonal and customer service skills;
- Professional phone etiquette and ability to effectively work a multi-line phone system.
- Background or experience in program development or desire for opportunity to learn about designing new services and programs
- Willing to work between our two clinics (Eastside and Westside)
What You’ll Do
The Medical Assistant has the primary responsibility of developing positive relationships with patients while assisting clinicians with patient care. Additionally, they will regularly work in the lab. A typical day will consist of:
- Registering patients and accurately updating demographics, vital signs, chief complaints and pertinent information into Centricity in an objective, factual, time specific and signed off manner;
- Preparing patients for exams;
- Assisting clinicians with minor office procedures such as dressing changes, injections, nebulizer treatments, ear lavage, eye wash, pelvic exams, etc.;
- Performing venipuncture;
- Lab record keeping, orders, and processing preparation;
- Performing or assisting with tests according to physician orders. UA’s, throat cultures, urine HCG’s, hemoccult, EKG’s, phlebotomy, spirometry
- Performing CLIA waived test, such as urine tests, rapid strep and preparing specimens/corresponding paperwork for transport to lab;
- Reporting and documenting test results accurately and completely according to clinic guidelines;
- Communicating instructions to patients/family members/facility as directed by clinicians;
- Sending and requesting pertinent medical records;
- Completing referrals and prior authorizations with patient’s insurance company as needed.
- Maintaining patient flow;
- Preparing, cleaning and restocking exam rooms;
- Processing and documenting prescription refills according to clinic guidelines;
- Triaging, routing, returning and documenting patient phone calls;
- Scheduling patient appointments and diagnostic testing according to clinic guidelines
Greenfield Health is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $20.00 - $22.00 per hour