As an experienced Certified Medical Biller/Coder, you will work with our Revenue Cycle Team to ensure appropriate, current and specific codes are used on all claims and that all claims are in compliance with all medical coding laws and regulations. You will have a strong working knowledge of primary care CPT and ICD-10 coding as well as a working knowledge of HCC codes, RAF scores, and Medicare Wellness exams as needed.
GreenField Health is looking for a full-time Certified Medical Biller/Coder to work Monday through Friday, 8:30 – 5pm at our Primary Care Practice.
Reports to the Revenue Cycle Manager
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide coding education to clinicians and staff
- Monitor/provide feedback to clinicians regarding their coding accuracy.
- Acts as the main contact for insurance questions
- Daily Charge Entry/coding audit of charges
- Membership Charge Posting
- Coding and coding education with clinicians and staff
- Creating and generating claims
- Insurance collection
- Insurance refunds
OTHER DUTIES THAT ARE SHARED WITH A TEAM
- Patient collection
- Patient billing calls
- Patient billing emails/secure messages
- Managing credit card subscriptions in Authorize.net
- Creating, generating statements
- Patient refunds
- Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Must have 2 years of coding experience in a clinical setting.
- 3 to 5 years medical business office experience preferred.
- Have a working knowledge of medical billing and insurance carriers.
- Have and maintain current coding certification.
- Experience with Centricity Practice Management preferred.
GreenField Health offers their employees a comprehensive benefit package that includes medical, dental, vision, alternative care, FSA, and 401k plans. There is also generous Paid Time Off (PTO) beginning at 20 days and increasing over time.
If you have medical coding/billing experience and are looking for a spectacular opportunity we would love to have your join the GreenField team! Please apply through the posting site with your cover letter and resume. We look forward to meeting you!