This is primarily responsible for developing positive relationships with members/patients while assisting clinician(s) with care and coordination activities for patients. This includes reliably tracking care needs, communicating with patients and/or other providers, performing and assisting with in-house diagnostics, assisting with procedures, conducting phone calls, performing EKG’s, stocking supplies and other duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support clinic with population health management, case management and Medical Home/PCMH.
- Support current clinicians and health coordinators with medical care activities for members/patients.
- Assist clinicians and standard Health Coordinator with duties when standard Health Coordinator is unavailable. This includes covering for Health Coordinator’s during scheduled/unscheduled time off, lunches and breaks.
- Look over desktops of Health Coordinators/Medical Assistants and clinicians to help with items within scope of practice.
- Prepare patient for exam; document completed vital signs and chief complaint accurately in Centricity CPS as well as additional screening(s) per clinician guidelines.
- Prepare exam rooms with appropriate instruments for specific exam.
- Assist clinician with minor office procedures such as dressing changes, injections, nebulizer treatments, ear lavage, eye wash, pelvic exams, etc.
- Communicate instructions to patients/family members/facility as directed by clinician.
- Maintain patient flow.
- Clean and restock exam rooms.
- Coordinate specialist/imaging/other medical services as needed.
- Process and document prescription refills according to clinic guidelines.
- Perform venipuncture.
- Prioritize and return phone calls within appropriate response times to maintain patient care and customer service. Document all patient phone calls in Centricity.
- Triage and route calls to appropriate team member(s) and/or clinician(s) per clinic guidelines.
- Schedule patient appointments according to clinic guidelines.
- Perform and/or assist with tests according to clinician orders. Tests include but are not limited to: UA’s, throat cultures, urine HCG’s, hemoccults, EKG’s, phlebotomy and spirometry.
- Perform CLIA waived test, such as urine tests and rapid strep.
- Prepare specimens and corresponding paperwork for transport to lab.
- Report test results and document accurately and completely according to clinic guidelines.
- Schedule and inform patients of diagnostic tests and prep as appropriate.
- Send and receive pertinent medical records.
- Obtain diagnostic reports, hospital records, emergency room reports and other reports requested by clinician.
- Provide accurate and complete documentation of all pertinent patient information in Centricity CPS; to be objective, factual, time specific and signed off.
- Demonstrate ability to navigate within Centricity Practice Management system to register new patients, update demographic information, etc.
- Communicate effectively by phone and email.
- Complete referrals and prior authorizations with patient’s/member’s insurance company as needed.
- Prioritize messages, incoming calls and patient/clinician/staff inquiries.
- Commit and demonstrate the GreenField Health values and principles.
- Utilize knowledge of office machines such as fax, copier, scanner, printer, postage meter, etc.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
High School Diploma or equivalent is required. Must have completed a Medical Assisting program and must be a certified Medical Assistant within six months of hire. A minimum of one year clinic experience required.
GreenField Health offers their employees a comprehensive benefit package that includes medical, dental, vision, alternative care, FSA, and 401k plans. There is also generous Paid Time Off (PTO) offered to employees.
If you have the experience and are looking for a spectacular opportunity, we would love to have you join the GreenField Health team! Please apply here with your cover letter and resume. We look forward to meeting you!