Amid ongoing concerns about Coronavirus (COVID-19), we want to reassure our patients that your health, safety, and well-being is GreenField’s top priority. Due to the evolving nature of COVID-19, we have implemented additional precautionary steps to increase the safety of our patients and team members.
In order to better protect our patients and team members from illness, we are asking that you avoid bringing additional people with you to your appointment. Only one parent, guardian or primary caregiver will be allowed if the patient needs direct assistance, all others will need to return to their car and we will do our best to keep you informed about care via a phone call or using Telehealth. Additionally, we ask that anyone with any illness symptoms or diagnosis of illness (fever, strep, cough, etc.) to not come into the building.
Telehealth visits have become very popular over the last few weeks and shown great success for virtual access to your clinician. We still have many patients coming into the office. If you have any upcoming appointment at the clinic we ask that when you arrive please put on a mask and gloves before entering to check-in – We have a table set up at the door with everything you need. For patients being seen for any illness such as URI (Upper Respiratory Infections) or gastrointestinal troubles we ask that you remain in your car and call us when you arrive.
We have procedure in place to ensure a safe visit for our patients and team members. Safety precautions we have undertaken include:
- All employees are wearing scrubs
- Taking all employee temperatures at the beginning of the day and self-reporting upper respiratory and GI Symptoms
- Masks and gloves for all patient interactions
- Detailed room cleaning after each patient visit
- Cleaning work spaces twice daily
- All clinic cleaning (wiping down/sanitizing) twice daily
- Cleaning high touch items – cell phones, stethoscopes, laptops, keyboards, pens, keys – multiple times a day.
- Removed pillows from exam rooms and magazines and toys from the waiting area.
We know this is not the normal experience you receive when coming into the clinic, but we deeply appreciate your support and cooperation, with these best practices. We can all work together to limit the potential for exposure and can drastically reduce its impact.
If you have any questions or concerns please reach out to our Client Relations Manager, Mary Johnson at 503-384-2036 or by email at email@example.com