Since grade school, Daniel Crawford dreamed of becoming a physician, and he was the first person in his family to study medicine.
Dan’s approach to medicine grew from years helping patients around the globe, treating everyday concerns and managing acute crises. After residency, he spent 10 years practicing at Bethesda Mission Hospital in Indonesia. He then returned home to Oregon to practice family medicine. Aside from a three-month period volunteering during the 2014 Ebola crisis in Liberia, he has practiced in Portland ever since.
Dan believes medicine should provide a sense of well-being to his patients, colleagues, staff, and the community. He subscribes to the philosophy that there is more to health than not being sick and endeavors to practice a holistic approach to care. Dan considers his patients’ emotional and spiritual health and even examines his patients’ relationship with their environment.
The connection Dan forms with his patients is his driving force. “Every time I walk into an exam room I am entering a relationship,” he said. “It is my sacred responsibility to care for that relationship to the best of my ability.”
Dan appreciates the extra patient time GreenField’s model affords. In fact, this is what drew him to GreenField originally. "I saw this opportunity and was attracted to the clinic's model and values," he said.
Dan completed his medical training at Oregon Health & Science University and completed his residency in South Bend, Ind.
During his free time, Dan enjoys teaching English as a second language, being active in his church, and reading. Like all true Portlanders, he roots for the Trailblazers.
- Landmark Health, Portland, 2015-17
- Elwa Hospital, Monrovia, Liberia, 2014-15
- South Tabor Family Physicians, Portland, 1988-2014
- Bethesda Mission Hospital, Borneo, Indonesia, 1979-88
- Bachelor of Science, Biology, University of Oregon, 1971
- Doctor of Medicine, Oregon Health & Science University, 1975
- Residency, Family Practice, Memorial Hospital of South Bend, Ind, 1975-78
- American Board of Family Medicine