Erin Shah believes that there’s nothing more important or rewarding than establishing a trusting connection with her patients so that she can assist them reaching their total health goals. She knows that the perfect nutrition prescription can be different for each person and loves helping members find what eating pattern works best for them.
Before coming to GreenField, Erin shared her nutritional expertise in Hawaii and California. In Hawaii, she provided nutrition classes, gave cooking demonstrations, developed disease-specific meal plans and menus, and frequently appeared on local news and lifestyle television programs. Prior to that, she spent six years providing nutrition therapy in hospital setting and nutritional counseling in an outpatient setting to both adult and pediatric patients.
“I especially enjoyed the challenge of providing nutrition support to infants in neonatal intensive care. I loved watching them grow into healthy and happy toddlers,” Erin said.
Erin received her Bachelor of Science in Nutrition and Dietetics from San Diego State University. She completed a dietic internship to develop greater expertise in providing inpatient, outpatient, and clinical dietary services. She plans to become a certified Pound Fit instructor and hopes to start teaching exercise classes soon.
Erin met and married the love of her life and together decided that the Pacific Northwest would be the best place for them to practice what they love in a beautiful area that was closer to family. She especially enjoys the fall leaves, farmers markets, and the vast culinary and food culture here.
In her spare time, Erin cooks, gardens, listens to podcasts, spends time with her husband and dogs, and participates in many outdoor activities.
- Dieticians of Orange County, Orange County, Calif., 2012-17
- Kaiser Permanente, Irvine and Anaheim, Calif., 2012-17
- Ekahi Care Management, Honolulu, 2017-18
- Bachelor’s degree, San Diego State University, 2006-10
- Sodexo Dietic Internship, 2010-11
Licensure and Certification
- Registered Dietician, CDR accreditation
- California Children’s Services Panel Practitioner
- Basic Life Support
- Electronic Health Records Training
Professional Memberships and practice groups
- Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (AND)
- Vegetarian Nutrition (VN)
- Food and Culinary Professionals (FCP)
- Oncology Nutrition (ON)
- Dietitians in Integrative and Functional Medicine (DIFM)