Latha or “Dr. R.” as many of her patients like to call her, completed her medical schooling in India followed by her internal medicine residency training at the University of Nevada in Las Vegas, NV. Subsequently, she completed her fellowship training in Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism through the Oregon Health and Science University in Portland, OR in 2005. Since then, she has managed patients in both outpatient private medical practice settings as well as in a managed healthcare setting with Kaiser Permanente. Since 2015, she has been working in Salem, OR as part of an outpatient private medical group practice.
Her special interests include the management of Diabetes Mellitus, thyroid disorders, osteoporosis and other hormone related disorders in her patients. She believes in tailoring standard-of-care, evidence-based medicine to fit the needs of each individual patient and partnering with all her patients to get them actively involved in their own health and help them achieve the best possible health outcomes.
Latha has considered Portland, OR home for over 20 years and has strong ties to the local community. In her spare time, she loves reading books about anything under the sun, listening to music and exploring the beautiful Pacific Northwest.
- Fellowship in Endocrinology, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, OR.
- Residency in Internal Medicine, Univ. of Nevada School of Medicine, Las Vegas, NV.
- M.B.B.S. (Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery), Government Medical College & Hospital, Nagpur University, India
- Physicians’ Building Group, Salem, OR. 07/2015 – present.
- Northwest Endocrinology LLC, Tualatin, OR 97062.12/2012 – 04/2014.
- Kaiser Northwest Permanente, Portland, OR. 01/2011 – 03/2012.
- Physicians’ Building Group, Salem, OR. 02/2006 – 03/2010.
- American Board of Internal Medicine, Certification in Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism, 10/2004-present.
- American Board of Internal Medicine, Certification in Internal Medicine, 10/2002-present.