Sagar Shah practices integrative medicine, a method that focuses on promoting healing. He believes in preventive care through long-term maintenance and responsible lifestyle choices like diet and exercise. He works with members to develop a realistic, personalized plan to meet health goals.
Growing up in Chicago, Sagar didn’t start out planning to be a doctor. He spent his undergraduate years studying world history, religion, and the effects of conflict and trauma on immigrants and refugees.
It was in 2005, while aiding populations affected by a tsunami in India, that he decided medicine was the most direct way he could assist distressed communities.
He graduated medical school in Philadelphia and completed his residency in family medicine followed by a fellowship in integrative medicine at the University of Wisconsin. He also received a Master of Public Health at Emory University.
Sagar believes education is key for both himself and his patients. For this reason, he stays up to date on ways to improve the foundational elements of health. He even produces a medical podcast you can tune into, and he is currently in the process of developing an app to improve the exchange of educational and medical supplies.
In his spare time, Sagar is an avid billiards player, biker, hiker, and kayaker. He and his wife also love exploring Portland’s eclectic food scene.
- Kaiser Hawaii Permanente Medical Group, Honolulu, 2017-18
- Ekahi Ornish Multidisciplinary Heart Disease Reduction Clinic, Honolulu, 2018
- Veterans Affairs, nationwide, 2017-18
- UW and Dean Clinics Urgent Care, Madison, Wisc., 2015-17
- Master of Public Health, Emory: Rollins School of Public Health, Atlanta, Ga., 2015-18
- Integrative Medicine Fellowship, University of Wisconsin, Madison, 2015-17
- Resident in Family and Community Medicine, University of Wisconsin, 2012-15
- Doctor of Medicine, Thomas Jefferson Medical College, Philadelphia, 2008-12
- Post-baccalaureate, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, 2006-07
- Bachelor of Arts, Northwestern University, Evanston, Ill. 2002-06
Licensure and Certification
- American Board of Family Medicine Certification
- DEA Certificate
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support provider
- Advanced Trauma Life Support provider