Physician Assistant, Cheston Wong is a great addition to the GreenField team. Easy to talk to and a great listener, Cheston’s patients really appreciate the extra time he spends addressing their concerns.
As a physician assistant, Cheston works with his colleagues to provide primary care services that are coordinated, team-based, and personalized. Cheston has always been interested in both biological and social sciences and his position here at Greenfield allows him to bridge those interests.
Cheston received his Masters of Health Services from the University of California, Davis. This background in public health contributes to his understanding that a patient’s well-being extends beyond their physical health to their social and mental needs as well. This approach fosters strong patient/provider relationships.
“I value establishing and maintaining robust relationships with my patients and believe that such partnerships allow for the delivery of informed and appropriate health care,” affirms Cheston.
Greenfield is also proud to announce Cheston as our Clinical Lead for the Collaborative Care Management program! This specialized program assists patients who benefit from complex, collaborative care. In this role, Cheston works closely with patients and colleagues, overseeing the clinical workflow involved in implementing and maintaining the programs recommendations.
“The Collaborative Care Management Program here at GreenField allows our team of clinicians and support staff to review and discuss program enrollees’ chronic issues such as diabetes, hypertension, and depression and incorporate lifestyle modifications and clinical recommendations when appropriate.”
Cheston works Monday through Friday at our Westside clinic. In his spare time, Cheston enjoys trail running through Portland’s parks, hiking along the Gorge and coast, and trying new restaurants around town.
- Clinic Codirector, Paul Hom Asian Clinic, Sacramento, 2016-17
- Medical Assistant, Webster Management, Inc., Oakland 2013-15
- Medical Assistant, Grace Pacific Medical Associates, San Francisco, 2013
- Masters of Health Services, University of California, Davis, 2017
- Bachelor of Arts, Public Health/Minor, Global Poverty and Practice, University of California, Berkeley, 2013
Certification and Professional Affiliations
- National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA)
- American Academy of Physician Assistants (AAPA)