The newly graduated doctor of osteopathic medicine joins GreenField Health with a range of experience perfectly suited to the needs of GreenField’s Eastside patients.
“I believe the patient is the center of the health care team, and I am here to help guide, navigate, and provide some insight,” says Kristina who values preventive medicine and has a special interest in integrative medicine. “I also utilize several components of OMT (osteopathic manipulative therapy), a type of hands on medicine that focuses on the body's structure and alignment.”
Doctors of osteopathic medicine (DO) view a person's body as an integrated whole instead of just treating specific illnesses or symptoms.
A DO's extra training in the musculoskeletal system gives them a better understanding of the ways an injury or illness in one part of the body can affect another.
By combining this osteopathic manual medicine approach with all other evidence-based medical procedures and a focus on preventive health care, a DO offers patients the most comprehensive care available in medicine today.
Kristina joins GreenField from Providence Milwaukie Family Medicine, where she had been a resident since 2015, with additional experience at Legacy Randall Children’s Hospital.
“I started in healthcare as a phlebotomist at Providence Portland,” she explains. “Through this job, I became interested in medicine and decided to attend medical school at Des Moines University in Des Moines, IA.
Kristina and her husband are refinishing their house with its garden and chickens. “We also enjoy walks and hiking with our small dog, Dobby,” she says, when they’re not working on the house or refinishing furniture.
RESIDENT | Providence Milwaukie Family Medicine | From June 2015 to current
- Pediatrics Randall Children’s Hospital
- Obstetrics at Providence Portland
- Providence Portland ICU
- Providence Milwaukie Medical Service
- 2 months 7 months 1 month On-going
- Patient panel at Providence Milwaukie Clinic
- Rural medicine rotations in Hood River, OR and Caldwell, ID
- Integrative Medicine with focus on Nutrition Milwaukie, OR
CONTINUING MEDICAL EDUCATION:
- Integrative Medicine track through University of Arizona
- Fascial Distortion Model (branch of OMM) April 2017
- AAFP Dermatology course scheduled April 2018
- LABORATORY SUPPORT STAFF | Providence Core Lab | 2008 to 2011
Positions as Client Services (2 years) and Phlebotomy (1 year)
DOCTOR OF OSTEOPATHIC MEDICINE | 2015 | DES MOINES UNIVERSITY
BACHELOR OF SCIENCE | 2006 | UNIVERSITY OF PORTLAND