Leesa Azar is a Portland native who has practiced medicine in the Pacific Northwest for the past 25 years. From saving lives to simply offering relief, these are Leesa’s personal rewards for years of dedication and hard work.
The bedrock of Leesa’s care philosophy is to live up to the trust her patients have placed in her over the years by keeping them as healthy and happy as possible. “My long term patients are like friends and family members. I’m always happy to see them, and these relationships are an important part of my life,” she says.
Leesa also strives to practice up-to-date, evidence-based medicine. Leesa enjoys engaging in continuous education to keep up with the most important medical developments.
Attending our very own Portland State University, Leesa graduated with high honors and was outstanding senior in chemistry. In fact, Leesa majored in chemistry because she initially wanted to do research on the link between nutrition and disease.
Leesa then attended the prestigious Cornell University earning a master’s degree in biochemistry with research focused on nutrition and cancer. During that period, Leesa also volunteered at a shelter for victims of domestic violence. These 2-years volunteering were pivotal in her decision to choose a career in medicine. The experience was so personally rewarding Leesa decided she wanted to be directly involved in helping people, rather than work in a lab.
Leesa then returned to her old Portland stomping grounds and enrolled at Oregon Health & Science University, which ranks high in primary care and allowed her to stay close to family and friends.
- Providence Medical Group-Mercantile, Lake Oswego, 1996-2018
- Providence Internal Medicine, Newberg, 1997-2003
- Good Samaritan Hospital, Travel Clinic Physician, Portland, 1995-96
- Legacy Emanuel Hospital, Urgent Care, Portland, 1994-95
- Residency, Internal Medicine, Legacy Portland System, 1993-96
- Doctor of Medicine, Oregon Health Sciences University, 1993
- Master of Science, Biochemistry, Cornell University, Ithaca, N.Y., 1989
- Bachelors of Arts (High Honors), Portland State University, 1982
Internal Medicine, 1996, 2007, 2018 (Board Certified