I’m a Portland native and have lived here in the Pacific Northwest most of my life practicing medicine for the last 25 years.
Being a doc is a hard job, but what keeps me going is knowing that I’ve helped someone. This is the greatest reward, knowing I’ve saved a life, improved someone’s life, or made them feel better.
My long term patients are like friends and family members. I’m always happy to see them, and these relationships are an important part of my life. I never want to retire, and hope that I will be able to live up to the promise I’ve made to many patients, that I never will.
The bedrock of my philosophy of caring for patients is to live up to the trust my patients put in me. My patients trust me, and it is my ongoing goal is to keep them healthy, well, and as happy as possible. I strive to practice up to date, standard of care, evidence-based medicine. This is supported my passion for continuous learning and enjoyment of keeping up with the most important medical developments. This is something that I really enjoy doing (yes, like most docs, I admit, I am a geek).
My passion for learning stems from attending PSU, where I graduated w/ high honors and as the outstanding senior in chemistry. Originally I majored in chemistry because I wanted to do research on the link between nutrition and disease.
Cornell University then provided the opportunity for me to research nutrition and cancer as I obtained a master’s degree in biochemistry. During this time I volunteered for a domestic violence shelter for 2.5 years. This experience was so rewarding that I decided I wanted to be directly involved with helping people, rather than being in a lab.
To accomplish this I enrolled at OSHU because it is high ranking in primary care training, and I could stay close to family and friends in Oregon.
- Providence Medical Group-Mercantile, Lake Oswego, 1996-2018
- Providence Internal Medicine, Newberg, 1997-2003
- Good Samaritan Hospital, Travel Clinic Physician, Portland, 1995-96
- Legacy Emanuel Hospital, Urgent Care, Portland, 1994-95
- Residency, Internal Medicine, Legacy Portland System, 1993-96
- Doctor of Medicine, Oregon Health Sciences University, 1993
- Master of Science, Biochemistry, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY, 1989
- Bachelors of Arts (High Honors), Portland State University, 1982
- Internal Medicine, 1996, 2007, 2018 (Board Eligible)