One of the great joys of practicing medicine is the privilege of being a part of people’s lives in a way that few others ever experience. I value the trust patients put into the relationship, and strive to continually earn that trust. I believe in spending the time with patients to listen to their concerns, accurately diagnose and treat problems when they arise, and provide timely preventive advice. I aim to inform and educate patients, and provide sound clinical guidance and support in an effort to improve each person’s health and quality of life. Patient’s opinions and perspectives are important to me, and I welcome feedback and collaboration.
I have practiced internal medicine for 15 years in Portland, and am ecstatic to be joining an innovative group of healthcare providers that focus on relationships, reliability, and service. I feel it will be a great fit for me and for patients, old and new, alike.
In addition to my practice of medicine, I serve as Medical Director at the Portland Interhospital Physicians Association. The organization supports physician efforts to improve the care of patients in our community. This work has given me a unique perspective on the healthcare system.
When not at work, I enjoy time with my wife, Crissy, and our three boys Nick, Kyle and Sean. There is no shortage of sporting events, outdoor adventures, and general horseplay. I enjoy playing the guitar and listening to music, and am a diehard Chicago Cubs fan.
- Practicing Physician, Fanno Creek Clinic, 2002-2012, Portland, OR
- Medical Director, Portland Interhospital Physicians Association (IPA), 2006-present
- Practicing Physician, Providence Ambulatory Care & Education Clinic, 1997-2002
- Associate Director of Medical Education, Providence Internal Medicine Residency Program, 1997-2002
- Chief Resident, Internal Medicine, California Pacific Medical Center/UCSF, 1996-1997
- Internship & Residency, Internal Medicine, California Pacific Medical Center/UCSF, 1994-1997
- Doctor of Medicine, Georgetown University School of Medicine, 1990-1994
- American Board of Internal Medicine, 1997, 2009