GreenField Health, 2016-present
My approach to medicine stems from a strong belief that care should be tailored to each individual’s needs and should address the whole person, not a constellation of symptoms. I strive to provide meaningful visits by listening intently and collaborating with my patients. After each encounter, I want my patients to leave with a good understanding of what’s happening related to their care and how they can support their own health.
I attended medical school at the University of Washington in Seattle, and have practiced medicine in a variety of rural and urban settings in Alaska, Washington, Zimbabwe, and Ecuador, before settling in Portland in 2009.
In addition to my family medicine training, I have a strong background in pediatrics and women’s health. I also incorporate integrative medicine and mindfulness practices into care for my patients when appropriate.
When not at work, I enjoy gardening, biking, and spending time with my family.
- Physician/Owner, Solo Practice, 2014-2015
- Supervising Physician, Clinical Teacher, ZoomCare, 2009-2014
- Tacoma Family Medicine Rural Fellowship, 2007-2008
- Tacoma Family Medicine Residency, 2004-2007
- Doctor of Medicine, University of Washington School of Medicine, 2004
- American Board of Family Medicine, 2007
- Applying Functional Medicine in Clinical Practice, Institute for Functional Medicine, 2015
- Center for Mind Body Medicine, Professional Training Certification, 2008
- The International Structural Acupuncture Course for Physicians, Harvard Medical School, 2007
To download a PDF of this bio, click here.